Learn the Coupon Lingo

OOP - out of pocket BOGO - buy one get one
WYB - when you buy CRT - cash register tape
ECB - extra care bucks (CVS) mannie - manufacturer coupon
peelie - coupon located on merchandise Q - coupon





Search & Win

February 17, 2009

Last Trips for the Week (Hopefully!)

I made a couple of trips to CVS today. I'm pretty sure I'm done shopping there for the week :)

2 gillette shampoo $9.98, get $6
2 natural dentist mouth rinse $19.98, get $8
1 CVS aspirin $1.99
-use (2) $1 gillette coupons
-use (2) $2 natural dentist mouth rinse coupons
-use (1) free CVS aspirin CRT
-use $5/$30 CVS coupon
-use $10 ECBs
=$9.86 OOP, receive $14 ECBs

1 enfamil formula $23.99
2 natural dentist mouth rinse $19.98, get $8
-use (2) $2 natural dentist mouth rinse coupons
-use (1) $5 enfamil check
-use $5/$25 CVS coupon
-use $14 ECBs from first transaction
=$16.03 OOP, receive $8 ECBs

I will also be mailing off for two $10 MIR for the mouth rinse. Thanks goes to Deal Seeking Mom for posting this great deal! I have a total of $18 in ECBs left for next week. I didn't really build them up too much but I did manage to get 4 containers of formula for less than the price of one! Those containers should last him at least a month. I used up all my formula checks but hopefully I'll get some more soon.

I've been throwing an idea around in my head and I would like to know if anyone would be interested in participating. When I started CVSing back in December I had no idea that I could get so many things for so little OOP. I have started donating items to local charities in my area. You can view my contributions so far by clicking on the charity label. So far I've donated over $300 worth. I thought that maybe once a month I would do a charity post where everyone could leave their link showing what they were able to donate for the month. Please let me know what you think of this idea - thanks!!

I thought I would do the first "official" charity post at the end of the month.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you share how you get so many $5/25, or $5/30 CVS coupon? I never get any so I always look with envy at all these wonderful deals.
Tina

Tanya said...

Most of the time I get them on the bottom of my receipts. I also get them occasionally by email and now that one of my CVS stores has the magic scanner machine I have gotten some that way too.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin