Learn the Coupon Lingo

OOP - out of pocket BOGO - buy one get one
WYB - when you buy CRT - cash register tape
ECB - extra care bucks (CVS) mannie - manufacturer coupon
peelie - coupon located on merchandise Q - coupon





Search & Win

February 12, 2009

Getting started

I am going to begin working on a post on how to get started CVSing. It should be up in the next week or so. For now my biggest piece of advice is this - begin cutting any/all coupons that you come across! Even if it might not be something that you will use. The reason I say this is sometimes CVS will have something on sale that will be free after ECBs BUT if you have a coupon for it you will make money by buying them! I have done this several times in the past and then I usually donate those items to shelters in the area. It is a great way to build up your ECBs!

Also, like I said in my last post, consider buying a major newspapers Sunday edition. They get great coupons and it has been worth it (so far) for me to buy the Minneapolis Star Tribune that costs $2.25. I have always been able to save at least that by using the coupons.

You should also get familiar with some very helpful websites. The ones that I have listed on my left sidebar are ones that I visit almost daily. Make sure and register at A Full Cup - that is a resource that I use all the time. If you ever want to find out if there is a coupon available for a product you can type it in the AFC coupon database. You do have to register but it is completely free. I visit AFC all the time and always check it before I go to CVS. There is also a Target coupon generator on the site that I use. You can print out the Target coupons and use those on top of manufacturer coupons. It is a great way to get Ocean Spray and yogurt for a great price right now!

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin