Learn the Coupon Lingo

OOP - out of pocket BOGO - buy one get one
WYB - when you buy CRT - cash register tape
ECB - extra care bucks (CVS) mannie - manufacturer coupon
peelie - coupon located on merchandise Q - coupon





Search & Win

February 23, 2009

Kmart 2/23

Logan modeling Noah's hat (and yes, the mittens are still attached)

I had a great trip to Kmart tonight. Before I went I had pulled all of my high dollar coupons out - I was hoping to use a lot of them. I had read through some blogs before I went and saw that many people had a rough experience at their Kmarts. Luckily, for me, I did not. My transaction went perfectly. I do recommend though watching as they scan the coupons to make sure they go through. A couple of times as he was scanning the coupons his screen was stuck on "server busy". If the cashier keeps scanning the coupons when the screen says that it will not take them. Make sure and print out the $5/$50 purchase coupon! Give the cashier that coupon first and you'll save even more :) Here is what I got:

1 Spiderman hat/mitts set for Noah $3.99
4 Secret deodorant $4.29 each
1 Halls cough drops $1.50
1 Band Aids $2.99
1 Diego style band aids $2.19
1 Dixie napkins $3.29
2 Scott toilet paper (12 ct) $5.50 each
4 boxes Post cereal $2.50 each
-use $5/$50 Kmart coupon
-$2 off instant savings wyb 4 boxes of Post cereal
Following coupons were doubled:
-use (4) $2 off Secret deodorant coupons
-use (1) $.50 off Halls coupon
-use (2) $1 off Band aid coupons
-use (1) $1 off Dixie napkin coupons
-use (2) $1 off Scott toilet paper coupons
-use (2) $1/2 Post cereal coupons
=$15.59 OOP

If I had not bought the adorable hat/mittens set for Noah I would have paid less than $12 for all of that! There are some great deals at Kmart this week which is nice since CVS is a disappointment!!

*To put my savings really into perspective - I spent less on all of these items than I would have if I had just walked in and bought the 4 Secrets (without using the coupons).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

uhhh, me again. lol. {I really should be in bed, or doing something productive}.. Do you have a Dollar General by you? They have free bandaids and crest toothpastes.. I am glad your Kmart trip went good!

~Trish
too lazy to login

Tanya said...

We do have a Dollar General but I've never been there. Thanks for the tip though :) Tomorrow I'm planning on going to JCPenney.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin