Learn the Coupon Lingo

OOP - out of pocket BOGO - buy one get one
WYB - when you buy CRT - cash register tape
ECB - extra care bucks (CVS) mannie - manufacturer coupon
peelie - coupon located on merchandise Q - coupon





Search & Win

January 26, 2009

Not My Best

Noah and I made a trip to CVS today. I needed some items and unfortunately most of them did not give me back ECBs. I can't complain too much - I paid less than the sale price of the formula for all of this.

Mike's card:
6 CVS brand tissues $3
2 Russell Stover's boxed candy $3.99 each
1 pantene shampoo $1.25
1 box playtex sport
-use (1) $1 off playtex CVS coupon
-use (1) $1 off playtex sport coupon
-use (2) $1 off russell stover coupons
-use $8 ECBs
=$9.42 OOP, received $5 ECBs

Tanya's card:
1 similac formula $21.99
2 kotex products $3.69 each
-use (2) $1 off kotex coupons
-use (2) $2 off CVS kotex coupons
-use (1) $5 similac formula check
-use $5/$25 CVS coupon
-use $2 ECBs
=$11.37 OOP

I had thought the Kotex was going to earn me some ECBs but I guess not. I only paid $1.38 for both packages so that is still a really good deal. I'll need to begin building up my ECBs again :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I definitely need to figure the whole CVS thing out...there are savings to be had. And who can afford not to save money right now?

I definitely need to be more diligent about it as right now the only thing I do to save money is buy generic...not always a cost savings, i know.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin