Learn the Coupon Lingo

OOP - out of pocket BOGO - buy one get one
WYB - when you buy CRT - cash register tape
ECB - extra care bucks (CVS) mannie - manufacturer coupon
peelie - coupon located on merchandise Q - coupon





Search & Win

January 4, 2009

CVS Week of 1/4 - 1/10

I did two transactions today. One using my card and one using Mike's.

Using my card:
Buy 1 fructis product $2.99, get $2 ECBs
Buy 1 20 pack of cottonelle, get $4 ECBs
-use (1) $3/$15 CVS printable (click here to find out more)
-use (1) $1 off fructis coupon
-use (1) $.50 off cottonelle coupon
-use $9.98 in ECBs
=1.48 + tax OOP, get $6 ECBs

Using Mike's card:
Buy 1 fructis product $2.99, get $2 ECBs
Buy 2 children's throat coolers, get $9.98 ECBs
Buy 2 CVS tissue packs $2.49, BOGO 50% off
-use (1) $1 off fructis coupon
-use (1) BOGO children's throat cooler coupon
-use (1) $3 off CVS brand coupon
-use $9 in ECBs
=$1.71 + tax OOP, get $11.98 ECBs

After looking at my receipts once I got home I realized that the cashier forgot to use the $3 off coupon on the last transaction. Still not too bad of a deal.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you feel bad about using two seperate cards for one household?

Tanya said...

Nope. Do you feel bad about not leaving your name?

Megan said...

Well said Tanya!!!! I don't ever feel bad about using two cards. There are 3 adults (my husband, myself, and my college age sister) who live in my household along with 2 kiddos. I hardly think it is fair that my household should be limited to same amount of deals as a single person household. KWIM!!! It should be one card per adult in my opinion. My manager knows that I use my card and husbands card and never once has questioned it. I also should add though that I never clear out the shelves and only do deals on both cards if there is enough to go around.

Jaymelogue said...

I agree well said! I have one card for my hubby and one for me! If they don't agree with it then CVS would limit it to 1 per household! So until then I will be using 2!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin