Learn the Coupon Lingo

OOP - out of pocket BOGO - buy one get one
WYB - when you buy CRT - cash register tape
ECB - extra care bucks (CVS) mannie - manufacturer coupon
peelie - coupon located on merchandise Q - coupon





Search & Win

September 16, 2009

CVS 9/15

I made a couple of trips to CVS today. The ad isn't that great this week but I had to roll some of my ECBs so I HAD to go. I also found some ECBs that had expired and in the past my CVS' have not accepted expired ones. I was almost sick since I had close to $10 in ECBs that had expired back on 9/11. I got to the store and approached one of the managers. I explained to her that I had a couple of expired ECBs and wondered if they ever accepted them. I told her I had read on a couple of blogs that some stores do take them. She asked to see them and said that since they were from the same calendar month she would take them! I was SO happy :) Sue, if you're reading this, you're the best!! Here are my transactions:My card:
3 Air Wick mini Freshmatics $4.99 each
use (3) $4 Air Wick coupons
Colgate toothpaste $2.99, get $2
use $1 Colgate coupon
2 Dyna-Pep energy shots $4.99, get $4.99
Glade diffuser $6.99, get $6.99 (raincheck item)
use $3 Glade coupon
use $18.50 ECBs
=$1.99 OOP, get $18.98 ECBs!!

Mike's card:
6 Air Wick mini Freshmatics $4.99 each
use (6) $4 Air Wick coupons
Colgate toothpaste $2.99, get $2
use $1 Colgate coupon
2 Dyna-Pep energy shots $4.99, get $4.99
CVS Cocoa butter lotion $.99
use Try me Free CVS CRT
use $8.96 ECBs
=$11.52 OOP, get $11.98 ECBs

I could not pass up the great deal on the Air Wick mini's! They sold so well at the garage sale that I figure I can keep these until I have the next one. I did pay quite a bit for the second purchase but that was mainly because I didn't have the ECBs to cover the cost of the energy shots. While digging out my ECBs to use I found TWO more that had expired :( I asked the cashier at the second store if I could use them and she didn't know. She explained her manager wouldn't be in for another hour and she didn't want to take them without her approval. Tomorrow I might go up to the other store and use those ECBs. I have no idea why I missed those ECBs and let them expire. I'm going to have to keep better track of them!

I still have more Air Wick coupons to use and some of those expire on the 20th so I'm going to pick some more of them up. I also noticed at the one location they were finally getting some of their school items restocked. I have a ton of rainchecks for those still so I might try to get those used up. We'll see how it goes.
Do you like what you're reading? If you do please consider grabbing my button, becoming a follower, or subscribing in a reader :)

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin