Learn the Coupon Lingo

OOP - out of pocket BOGO - buy one get one
WYB - when you buy CRT - cash register tape
ECB - extra care bucks (CVS) mannie - manufacturer coupon
peelie - coupon located on merchandise Q - coupon





Search & Win

May 18, 2009

Garage Sale Results

I think the garage sale did really well. I was open about 8 hours and made a little over $450 - can't complain about that!! We sold a lot of our bigger items which is great!! The stockpile stuff sold pretty well too. I tried to keep track of what I made by selling those items and it looks like I made about $160. Some items definitely sold better than others. We're planning on having another garage sale towards the end of the summer and I plan on stocking up on certain things.


Such as:
-toothpaste
-shampoo/conditioner
-body wash
-hairspray

I didn't sell any glucose meters or hand soap. I had stocked up on the softsoap refill bottles but I didn't sell a single one.

Here are the prices for some of the items:
-any travel/trial size items I had priced for $.25
-toothpaste - $1 or $1.25
-most shampoo/conditioners were marked at $2
-body wash - $2
-most hairspray was priced at $1.50
-softsoap refills $1.25
-glucose meters $5
-hair color $1.50

I also had a lady ask me if I would be willing to teach a class for her and her friends showing them how to save money while shopping. I gave her one of my cards and hopefully she'll email me about that!

Do you like what you're reading? If you do please consider grabbing my button, becoming a follower, or subscribing in a reader :)

2 comments:

Trish said...

Tanya! That is awesome! Good Job! I would love an extra $450! LOL! AnyTime!

slugmama said...

Good job on the sale!
And thanks for sharing how it went and what you charged/what sold, etc.

8-))

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin