Learn the Coupon Lingo

OOP - out of pocket BOGO - buy one get one
WYB - when you buy CRT - cash register tape
ECB - extra care bucks (CVS) mannie - manufacturer coupon
peelie - coupon located on merchandise Q - coupon





Search & Win

April 14, 2009

Second Time's A Charm!

My transaction this evening went much better than the one earlier today. But of course my purchases have to have some sort of excitement right? Right! I got to the check-out area and realized I didn't have my card so I gave the cashier my phone number. When he began to scan my ECBs and $15/$75 coupon they rang up saying that the coupons were not for that phone number. I have no idea what happened but I have a feeling it has something to do with the fact that I had ordered my original CVS online and then got impatient and got one at the store. I'm going to have to call customer service to get everything straightened out. Here is what I got:

2 Sure deodorant $2.50 each, get $2
2 Pantene shampoos $3.50 each, get $2
2 Pantene conditioners $3.50 each, get $2
3 Pantene styling products $3.50 each, get $2
2 stacking bins, clearanced to $.49 each
2 Airwick mini fresh matics $4.99 each
2 Colgate toothpastes $3.99 each, get $3.99 each
1 Softsoap body wash $4.99, get $4.99
1 Schick Quattro razor $8.99, get $4
1 Accu-chek monitor $9.99, get $9.99
1 Adidas deodorant, clearance to $2.50, get $2
-use (2) $1 off Sure coupons
-use (3) $3/2 Pantene coupons
-use (3) Free Pantene styler wyb shampoo & conditioner
-use (2) $4 off Airwick coupons
-use (2) $.75 off Colgate coupons
-use (1) $1.50 Softsoap coupon
-use (1) $4 off Schick coupon
-use (1) $1 Adidas coupon
-use $15/$75 CVS coupon
-use $9.47 ECBs
=$13.25 OOP, received $36.46 ECBs

Look at how much my ECBs increased!! After looking at my receipt I realized that I bought one extra Pantene product so I'll be returning that tomorrow.

Do you like what you're reading? If you do please consider grabbing my button, becoming a follower, or subscribing in a reader :)

2 comments:

Pio the Meyers and Jenell the Human said...

Hi! I have a question about the Diabetes Accu Check meter, is it a different offer from the one in March? I got that offer and used 5 ECBs to get back the 9.99 ECBs, and I donated the meter. I will do it again if you are able to. Thanks!!!! (my shopping blog is Budget Daughter)

Tanya said...

Pio - Thanks for stopping by! The monitor that I picked up the other day is an April deal of the month. I've donated all of my meters too! I do a Charity Challenge at the beginning of every month - I would love it if you would join!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin