Learn the Coupon Lingo

OOP - out of pocket BOGO - buy one get one
WYB - when you buy CRT - cash register tape
ECB - extra care bucks (CVS) mannie - manufacturer coupon
peelie - coupon located on merchandise Q - coupon





Search & Win

November 13, 2009

I Got THE Deal!!

On Wednesday the whole family went to Target (hubby had the day off) - we wanted to try to do THE deal.  You know what I'm talking about right??  The best movie deal I think I have yet to see!  A HUGE thanks goes to hip2save for posting the initial deal.  Unfortunately our store was out of Monsters Inc.  But it turned out to be perfect since by Wednesday evening it was being posted all over the web and the forums that the Up! movie was ringing up (hehehe) at only $19.99!!  SCORE!  I didn't go to Target on Thursday but first thing Friday morning I ran there and guess what?  They had both movies!!  While I was there I did the Glade deal (again) and then headed to the registers.  One of my favorite cashiers was working (Yay!).  I double-checked to make sure I had to go to the customer service counter to price match (I did).  So after my Glade deal was done I headed over there.  Here is the deal I did:


Up! movie (marked $26.99 but ringing up $19.99)
Monsters Inc. $23.99
used $10 Up! internet coupon
used $8 Monsters Inc internet coupon
used $10 Target coupon
Best Buy ad (to price match Monsters Inc.)
=$10.98 + tax!! 

What a great deal!  But it gets even better - I plan on doing a couple of the MIR offers so that in the end I'll get both of the movies for under a buck :)

Did you do this great deal this week?  Let me know how your experience was!  This was the first time I had price matched at Target and let me just say it went smoothly :)

Do you like what you're reading? If you do please consider grabbing my button, becoming a follower, or subscribing in a reader :)

Coupons Inc.

6 comments:

BWoz said...

I did this deal TWICE today! One Target I went to was out of Monsters Inc, but they allowed me to get the regular DVD ($19.99) using the BluRay coupon. The next Target I went to, price matched without a problem. SUCH a great bargain!

I also met a fellow couponer in the first Target. :)

Tanya said...

I'm SO jealous!! I had gone back on Saturday and wanted to do the deal two more times but they were out of Monsters Inc. My Target isn't nearly as nice as yours :)

Unknown said...

I did the deal and it worked for me except, I didn't know I need the actual Best Buy ad for the price match so I missed that opportunity, but oh well still paid under $7 a piece for the movies. My first Deal!!!

Tanya said...

Yay Carly! WTG :)

Shelia said...

Hey Tanya,
Not to burst your bubble, but Walmart has the movie "UP" for $19.96 (regular price) :)
Shelia

Tanya said...

That's only 3 cents less than what I paid and I would not have been able to use the $10 Target coupon there.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin