Learn the Coupon Lingo

OOP - out of pocket BOGO - buy one get one
WYB - when you buy CRT - cash register tape
ECB - extra care bucks (CVS) mannie - manufacturer coupon
peelie - coupon located on merchandise Q - coupon





Search & Win

March 8, 2009

CVS 3/8

I ran to CVS today before I had to go to work. I got some great deals! Most of the items that I bought I will be donating this week as part of my Charity Challenge. Read below the post to see how you can participate!

Trans. #1:
2 Palmolive dish soaps $1.49 each, get $1
1 Crest toothpaste $2.99, get $2
5 Vaseline lotions $3.69 each, get $2
1 Q-tips $2.99 (needed item)
-use (1) Crest $1 off coupon
-use (5) Vaseline $1.50 off coupons
-use (1) Q-tips $.30 off coupon
-use $5/$25 CVS coupon
-use $11.96 ECBs
=$2.28 OOP, received $14 ECBs

Trans. #2:
2 Palmolive dish soaps $1.49 each, get $1
1 Crest toothpaste $2.99, get $2
2 candle/reed diffuser gift sets $14.99 reg. clearanced to $1.49!
-use (1) Crest $1 off coupon
-use $4.97 ECBs
=$3.22 OOP, received $4 ECBs

The candle/reed diffuser sets were an impulse buy but I couldn't pass them up they were so cheap! I will be going back later this week to get some Coke products and probably buy at least 1 container of formula since it's on sale.

My first Mr. Linky charity post is going to be happening the week of March 9-13. If you would like to participate just stop back here on March 9th to add your link!

(I'm hoping to make this a montly event - we'll see how it goes! You don't have to donate your items during the week that I'm hosting this, just take a picture of the items you are donating. Come back here on Monday to add your link.)

3 comments:

Pitcher Family said...

Where do you get your coupons from? You got some great deals here!! I find that I don't get all the coupons in my paper that others seem to be getting.

Tanya said...

I have started buying the Minneapolis Star Tribune. They get so many more coupons than our local paper! I usually buy at least 2 or 3 of them every week. I've found that the coupon inserts depends on the newspapers circulation, since our paper doesn't have much a circulation the coupons stink!

Pitcher Family said...

Thanks, that is a great idea. I will check into that.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin