Learn the Coupon Lingo

OOP - out of pocket BOGO - buy one get one
WYB - when you buy CRT - cash register tape
ECB - extra care bucks (CVS) mannie - manufacturer coupon
peelie - coupon located on merchandise Q - coupon





Search & Win

March 24, 2009

CVS 3/23 *Update*

I'm a bad, bad wife. I made Mike come to CVS with me again tonight. And of course I gave him a coupon that he couldn't use (it was for the wrong card), so he now swears he will never CVS with me again :( Here is what we got:

Schick Intuition razor $8.99, get $3
Dry Idea clinical $7.99, get $5
Crest Pro-Health $3.49, get $3.49
St. Ives lotion $5.29
St. Ives facial scrub $5.49, get $5 wyb $10 of St. Ives
-use (1) $4 off Schick coupon
-use (1) $2 Dry Idea coupon
-use (1) $.75 Crest coupon
-use (2) $2 St. Ives Elements coupon
-use $5/$30 CVS coupon (from magic machine!!)
-use $11.99 ECBs
=$4.37 OOP, receive $16.49 ECBs

I did the same transaction for my card except I picked up another one of the Reinventing Beauty magazine. Once I got home I looked at my receipt and realized they must have changed the quantity for the Dry Idea! In the ad it says "limit 1" but on the receipt it doesn't say "limit reached", so I'll be going back to pick up another one. One other bonus - inside the Dry Idea boxes are $2 off coupons so I'll be picking up 2 more and only paying $.99 each!! Score!

*They have raised the limit on the Crest now also!!

Do you like what you're reading? If you do please consider grabbing my button, becoming a follower, or subscribing in a reader :)

6 comments:

The Fabulous Side of Me said...

Great deals you get! I was wondering, is the Reinventing Beauty mag in the mag section? I looked at my CVS's and couldn't find it. Maybe not all CVS's carry it?

Tanya said...

Fab - I found the magazine right by the cash registers at one of the CVS' but the other one I didn't spot it anywhere.

Trish said...

I hate it when I give the wrong coupon.. lol. Mine swears he wont go again also! :(

The Fabulous Side of Me said...

OK thanks! I will check this week.

Emily's Family said...

So, Im curious do a lot of people get more than one card for CVS to get the deals?

I currently don't and have thought about it, but just wondered!

Tanya said...

I'm not sure if they do or not. The main reason I had Mike get one is so that I could do the diaper and formula deals that CVS has. My Mom also has a second one.

One piece of advice - just make sure you have a system to keep everything separated between the two cards. It's embarrasing if you had them CRTs or ECBs from the wrong card!! :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin