Learn the Coupon Lingo

OOP - out of pocket BOGO - buy one get one
WYB - when you buy CRT - cash register tape
ECB - extra care bucks (CVS) mannie - manufacturer coupon
peelie - coupon located on merchandise Q - coupon





Search & Win

March 11, 2010

Target Run 3/10

Last night I made a quick trip to Target.  I needed to pick up diapers and pull-ups and thanks to avonmommyof3 for letting me know about the Target sale I went there to get them.  I basically got everything pictured for less than I would have paid for just the diapers (without using any coupons of course).

Here is what I got:
6 J&J Buddies soaps $.97 each
used (6) $1 J&J coupons
4 Tide single-use $.97 each (will donate)
used (4) $1 Tide coupons
Oral-B toothbrush $1.99
used $1 Oral-B Target coupon
used $.50 Oral-B coupon
Transformers Band-Aids $1.82
Neopsorin foam $3.54
used $3 off wyb Band-Aid product & neosporin
used $1 Band-Aid Target coupon
Huggies diapers $8.99
used $2 Huggies coupon
used $1.50 Huggies Target coupon
Target brand pull-ups $8.54
=$17.44 OOP

I plan on hitting Target again tomorrow sometime.  I'll be getting some more diapers and probably pick up almost everything I got there last night except the Tide.  I think I'll get the travel size of Band-Aids which will bring my OOP down a little bit. 

The college guy who rang me up last night actually complimented me on my shopping trip.  I think his exact words were, "You saved more than you spent.  That is awesome!"  I think I can count on one hand how many times I've heard anything remotely similar to that - which to me is so surprising.  I mean, if I were the cashier and someone came through my line and saved a ton of money I would want to find out how they did it.  Most cashiers act like they see it all the time (which I know they don't!).  I'm curious to know if any of you frequently get "complimented" on your shopping skills?

Do you like what you're reading? If you do please consider grabbing my button, becoming a follower, or subscribing in a reader :)

Coupons Inc.

4 comments:

Coupon Addict Diva said...

I also went to Target last night and I noticed that the up&up baby lotion etc... had coupons for up&up wipes
traning pants...The coupon for the wipes were .75cents off and $1.00 off the training pants...Good Luck!!
Jen

Tanya said...

I'm going to have to check those products out tomorrow. Thanks for the tip Jen!

Tonia said...

That is great you got complimnted - I don't hear it very often either and when I do, I never get asked how either. I just made busines cards for my blog and when that happens, I plan on giving them one and telling them that anyone can do it!!! Great job on the finds!

Erin said...

I just got complimented today at Walgreens. The cashier said "You're a smart shopper!" and then when the $5 RR printed out he just said in astonishment "Here's another coupon"

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin