Learn the Coupon Lingo

OOP - out of pocket BOGO - buy one get one
WYB - when you buy CRT - cash register tape
ECB - extra care bucks (CVS) mannie - manufacturer coupon
peelie - coupon located on merchandise Q - coupon





Search & Win

March 20, 2010

Lots of Shopping and Great CS

I ran to a couple stores last night while Mike stayed home with the kids.  I haven't been very motivated to shop in the mornings while Logan is at school (I would rather sleep - thank you very much!), so this afternoon I planned out my trips and hoped for the best.  Here are the breakdowns for each store:

Kmart
4 12 pks. Quilted Northern tp $7.49 each
used (2) $1 QN coupons
Dial liquid hand soap $2 (cheapest "filler" I could find)
used $10/$20 Kmart coupon
=$21.88 OOP, received $10 catalina for buying $30 worth of qualifying products

Huggies pull-ups $9.99
used $1.50 pull-ups coupon
Huggies diapers $9.99
used $3 Huggies coupon
J&J cotton swabs $1.69
used $1 J&J coupon
used $10 catalina from previous purchase
=$6.87 OOP, should have $3 reward on rewards card

I completely lucked out and was able to still use the $10/$20 Kmart coupon.  The supervisor explained that they weren't suppose to take them but then allowed my cashier to push it through :)  After I left I realized that there was no reason to buy the J&J swabs since I didn't have to have my total over the $20 total.  Oh well, they'll still get used.  I'll also submit for the GP $5 Rebate for buying $20 in participating brands (Quilted Northern toilet paper). 

Onto the next store:  Menards
3 pkgs. Fischer peanuts $1.19 each
used (3) $1 Fischer coupons
=$.57 OOP

I had REALLY wanted to stock up on the Fischer product snacks that they carry but they raised their prices on all the items :( 

Last stop for the night:  Target
Huggies diapers $8.99
used $1.50 Target coupon
used $3 Huggies coupon
4 pkgs. Reese's pieces $2.66 each
used (4) $1 Target coupons
used (4) $1 pieces coupons
1 pkg. York pieces $2.66 each
used $1 Target coupon
used $1 pieces coupon
5 J&J Buddies soap $.97 each
used (5) $1 J&J coupons
2 Gillette fusion razors $7 each $5 GC wyb 2
used (2) $4 coupons
2 Band-Aid products $1.82 each
2 Neosporin products $3.54 each
used (2) $3 coupons wyb both Band Aids and Neosporin
used (2) $1 Target band-aid coupons
2 Spiderman cups $1 each (for the boys)
=$23.72 OOP, received $5 gift card

I'll be using the band-aids to submit for a $5 rebate that we qualified for by purchasing the Princess and the Frog earlier this week.  I would have loved to have bought more razors but I only had 2 coupons :(  I'm very happy though that I now have a $5 Target gift card to roll.  I'll be buying some more packs of diapers this week using some more of the $3 mannies and the $1.50 Target coupons.  $4.49/pack of Huggies diapers is a reasonable price and I might as well start stockpiling - the twins will be here before we know it!!

Oh, and I got another compliment while shopping at Target.  The cashier (a young guy) was SO impressed with how much I saved!

Do you like what you're reading? If you do please consider grabbing my button, becoming a follower, or subscribing in a reader :)

Coupons Inc.

3 comments:

Sam said...

You need to go get in on the Pamper's deal @ CVS. $8.97/pack, get $3 EB back. Ad states the limit is 2, but my receipt says I can still buy more! 2 recent inserts had $2 coupons, so that makes them $3.97/pack. Killer deal!

Tanya said...

I plan on hitting CVS tonight. Unfortunately I only have 2 of the Pampers coupons so I'll be doing the Huggies deal quite a few more times at Target since I have a lot of the $3 mannies.

Sam said...

I just gave you the Easter Basket award from Hershey's. Check it out - and post about it. Hershey's will donate $10 to CMN!!

http://samssecrets.wordpress.com/2010/03/21/happy-easter-help-support-cmn/

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin