Learn the Coupon Lingo

OOP - out of pocket BOGO - buy one get one
WYB - when you buy CRT - cash register tape
ECB - extra care bucks (CVS) mannie - manufacturer coupon
peelie - coupon located on merchandise Q - coupon





Search & Win

April 27, 2010

CVS Shopping 4/26-4/27

Last night I thought I was being absolutely brilliant ;)  I had to work until 9:30 so I got my CVS scenario all planned out and thought it would be perfect - I could shoot over to CVS after work and do the Avatar deal for Mike.  Since I knew both of our stores sell out of things super-fast I didn't want to wait until this morning to do the deal.  Boy, was I wrong.  Luckily, though, I had printed out some back-up coupons just in case they were out of the items I initially wanted to buy.  Here is what I purchased:


Oh, I also had a $5/$40 coupon that spit out at the magic machine so my total needed to be at least that.

Irish Spring $2.99, get $2
used $1 Irish Spring coupon (CVS reinventing beauty mag)
Softsoap $2.99, get $2
used $1 Softsoap coupon (CVS reinventing beauty mag)
Earinse $7.99, get $7.99 (raincheck item)
2 All detergents 2/$7
used (2) $1 All coupons (CVS re-beauty mag)
4 Chips Ahoy $1 each
used (2) $1/2 coupons
6 boxes asst. General Mills cereals $2.44 each
used (2) $1/2 coupons
used $.75 coupon
used $.55 coupon
Avatar movie $4.99 wyb $25 (actually $24.75) in qualifying products
used $5/$40 CVS coupon
used $8.48 ECBs
=$22.17 OOP, received $12 ECBs

Not a bad deal when you consider what I all got BUT it could have been even better if they had had the Fig Newtons for $1 (had 4-$1 coupons) and Chocolate Cheerios (had 2-$1 coupons).

This morning after Noah & I went to the chiropractor I stopped at the other CVS in town.  Of course they had both the Fig Newtons and Cheerios in stock along with all the other stuff needed to do the Avatar deal - LOL.  That'll teach me!!

Irish Spring $2.99, get $2
used $1 Irish Spring coupon
Softsoap $2.99, get $2
used $1 coupon
2 pkgs. Fig Newtons $1 each
used (2) $1 coupons
Pampers diapers $8.49, get $1
used $1.50 coupon
used $3 CVS coupon (found HERE)
4 Vitamin waters $1 each
used (2) $1/2 coupons
2 CVS sunscreens $2.19 each, get $5
used $10 ECBs
=$5.56 OOP, received $10 ECBs

In order to print the Pampers coupons you'll need to register for the online version of the Parents magazine.  The coupon probably won't scan at the store but if they manually type in the bar code number it works just fine.  Can't beat getting diapers for only $3!!

Do you like what you're reading? If you do please consider grabbing my button, becoming a follower, or subscribing in a reader :)

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin