Learn the Coupon Lingo

OOP - out of pocket BOGO - buy one get one
WYB - when you buy CRT - cash register tape
ECB - extra care bucks (CVS) mannie - manufacturer coupon
peelie - coupon located on merchandise Q - coupon





Search & Win

December 22, 2009

December Charity Challenge

I cannot believe that Christmas is in just a couple of days!  Are you ready for it??  I have a couple of gifts left to get BUT I know what I'm getting so it's just a matter of making it to the stores.  Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to.  I'm posting the Challenge late again this month.  I did drop the donations off almost two weeks ago, I've just been neglecting the blog so this is the first chance I've had to write up the post.

This month I donated to a different organization.  We had Noah baptized earlier this month and in the church's program it mentioned "Gifts of Love".  Every year our church puts together baskets for families in the area that might not be able to afford food/necessities.  I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to donate to my hometown.  I gathered the items (I think I had 5 or 6 bags all together) and sent them with my MIL.  Here are the items that I was able to donate:






Pictured above are:
-6 pkgs. pull-up wipes
-10 deodorants
-11 tubes of toothpaste
-5 shampoo/conditioners
-4 body wash/bars of soap
-3 lotions
-3 razors
-4 shaving creams
-2 facial wipes
-7 feminine products
-4 air fresheners
-1 tylenol
-2 bodi heat pads
-1 ear rinse

That is a total of 53 items.  The approximate retail value of everthing pictured is over $250!!  It still just blows my mind that by combining sales with coupons I'm able to accumulate this much to donate - and that is in addition to stocking my house with essentials :)  And for anyone wondering/questioning I DO NOT clear the shelves when I shop - some items pictured I bought from rainchecks that I had to get because the stores were out of the items at the time.

Now it's your turn!  How did you do this month?  Were you able to donate?  Please leave your link below.  Don't have a blog?  That's OK too - just leave a comment!




Coupons Inc.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin